Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Matthai Van Go Go


Last night I went to my second oil painting class. I was not satisfied with the results any more than the first night. Why is it that I feel that if I were painting without the supervision of Grandma Moses I would do much better? I go there with grand expectations and as the evening progresses they diminish with each brush stroke. I have 3 more classes and then I'm on my own. I will try some from the step by step books that Bob Ross and Bill Alexander published and also from the Ross website which shows video of the painting step by step. In the photo shown in this blog the strange things in the sky are supposed to be "Northern Lights". I think it would have looked better without them.

1 comment:

Junosmom said...

I love the cabin - but I'm with you. The Northern Lights as they directed you to paint them - well, what you said. Could you paint them out? I do love the cabin.