Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Blizzard of '07




I have been marooned here in the house for several days because of the Artic Blizzard that hit our place. We have about six inches on the ground. As some of you know in order to get to our house you have to maneuver a roller coaster driveway to get to our house. It drops down about 50 feet into a valley and crosses a small stream and then climbs up the other side of the Mountain to a plateau where our house sits. I did not dare to try to get out. We had a small snow (about 1 inch) a few days before and a lady who was making a delivery got stuck on the hill approching our house, When we have about 1 inch accumulation or so you can accelerate at the bottom of the hill just enough to coast up the other side. She of course didn't do that and she was slippn n' slidden on the hill. Diane & Ryan went out to help her. Ryan finally hooked up a strong rope to her bumper and the 6 wheel Polaris All Terrain vehicle. He stayed in the grass and the pull was just enough to get her to the top of the hill. She got out alright with a little instruction about how to ride our roller coaster. A friend of Joe & Diane came and plowed the driveway and another friend came and plowed the flat blacktop between the house and the garage. Today it is clear and I might even venture out to the super market as I am out of a few items in the pantry and Fridge. They even called off my oil painting class, it's just as well, I think I will paint a picture of the snow, all I have to do is paint the entire canvas white.

1 comment:

Junosmom said...

We have snow, also, but we have SUN! I can see the grass in places, so we evidently didn't get as much as you did. I did have to go buy new tires for my truck, however, as I wasn't able to even accelerate from a stop at intersections.