Friday, February 29, 2008

"Gay Cats"






Some of you know that my daughter Diane and husband Joe and kids deserted me Last Thursday and took off to the sunny shores of Florida where Joe is fishing an FLW tournament. I think they will be gone until Sunday or Monday. They deliberately picked this week to go as starting the day they left we have not had a day that it was not snowing, sleeting or freezing rain. I was marooned for the first few days until Diane called a neighbor to plow the snow off the driveway and free me from my isolation.






Before Diane left she hired a couple of teenagers to come every day and feed and water the big dog "Skeeter" and the chickens and get the mail. I am babysitting the little dog "Cookie" and the two monster cats, I do not know their names, I think they now weigh more than the dog. I also feed the fish every day. I am trying to fatten them up for a fish fry. I have to keep the cats food up on a table because the dog likes it better than her own food. I also need two water bowls. Diane left one that is self filling from a reservoir that releases water when the level gets low. The first day as Cookie was getting a drink it started to refill as she was drinking with a loud gurgling, bubbling sound and Cookie jumped a foot in the air and started barking at it. She would not go near it again. I discovered the next day she was really thirsty when I put down a bowl of fresh water.

The cats are another story, They think that this is their house and I was put on earth to serve their every need. I am the cleaning lady, the food server, the poop cleaner and water boy. They like to lay on top of any high place in the house and any thing lying there is a toy to paw at and of course knock it to the floor. They have knocked 2 plants to the floor and killed the one Diane entrusted to my care, Sorry, Diane. I have cleared off the top of most surfaces. One morning when I came into the living room The Large picture screen which is a three panel wood frame about 5' high by 3' wide which holds 8' X 10' pictures was on it's side leaning on the recliner.

Every time I walk anywhere they think it is big fun to walk in and out between my steps to see if they can trip me. They have not succeeded as I gently kick them out of the way as I walk. They have been on top of every piece of furniture I have no matter how tall it is. They are great fun and keep me company, I just may keep them after Diane & family return.


One thing that really bothered me one morning as I awoke I noticed the tiger cat was astride the rear of the white cat and biting it's neck. I had visions of more cats running around the place. I separated them and locked one of them in the bathroom until I could contact Diane later in the day. It never occurred to me to check their sex before the family left. I then wondered if they might were brother and sister. Would that be incest? Later in the day Diane assured me they were both male. My daughter Cathy thinks they might be Gay!

2 comments:

Junosmom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Junosmom said...

"Your" cats were previously named by Diane as Syndey (the grey and white) and Tony (the grey striped).

Glad to hear they're keeping you company.