Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Painting #3


Last night I went out in the bitter cold (It was 19 degrees, wind chill 0) to my 3rd painting lesson. It went a little better than the first 2. I have learned first if "Teach" is making her rounds, act like you are engrossed in painting something and she will probably pass you by, or if she makes small changes to your masterpiece that you don't like change it back to the way it was before laid her fat little hands on it. When I leave the lesson and head home I always lay the painting flat in my trunk to avoid damage. It was so cold and I was so anxious to get in the car that I forgot about the coffee maker I had just bought at Wal*Mart. It was on the far right of the trunk and I gave it no thought. Well!!! it slid across the trunk and landed on the bottom of my painting making a few marks in 3 or 4 places. When I got home I got out my brushes and paint and attempted repairs. Repairs are difficult unless you scrape away the affected area or paint over the damaged area. I did a little of both so I would up with 2 lakes instead of the original one I started with. Anyway here is the result.



1 comment:

Junosmom said...

Very nice! I can't see any "repairs" from the photo you took. I think it's funny you are trying to get around attention from the teacher. Sounds like you are in elementary school :-) I'm enjoying watching your progress.