Friday, February 23, 2007

Wild West Telephone and Remote


I think I will go shopping for a pair of double gun holsters like they wear in those old wild west movies except I don't want them for guns, I don't have any guns but I would like to have my TV remote and my telephone with me at all times. Many times when the phone rings and the TV is blaring, I can hear it ringing but I can't figure out where the sound is coming from. I usually resort to pushing the speaker phone button on the base after about 4 or 5 rings. So now I have someone on the phone but I can't hear them as the TV is too loud, this requires another search for the remote. When I finally get to the point that I can speak intelligently to the caller I usually find it is someone trying to sell me something, like yesterday there was a guy on the line who was calling from India and I couldn't figure out who he was and what he wanted so due to his thick accent so I told him "I'm sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about" and hung up. I have 3 grand kids who wander in and out of my house during the day and the 2 things they seem to touch are the remote and the telephone. Several times when I tried to find the phone by using the button on it's base that makes the handset beep until you pick it up, I found it was at Diane's house beeping like crazy with no one around. Ryan does this a lot. The remote is used sometimes by the kids, especially Reanna who like to watch cartoons here when I'm not watching anything, after awhile she leaves and forgets to turn off the TV. I usually have to look on every surface in my house and under all the pillows on the couch. If someone could invent a small button you could put on a remote or a phone or your eyeglasses or car keys etc, they would make a fortune. If I had those holsters with a small pocket for my cell. It would save me a lot of trips around the house searching.

1 comment:

Junosmom said...

Only, if you can't find the telephone when it's beeping, you won't find the remote either. You'll have to design a holster. Very good idea. You could wear a "grandma" apron, with pockets in the front. Love that photo.