Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Say it isn't so!

As most of you know my daughter Diane and I live side by side in the same house, I Have my own private suite attached to hers. Yesterday, Diane was out on an errand and I went over to her house to get something, I forget what and I noticied 3 books on her counter.

"Before you Conceive"
"What to expect when you're expecting"
and "A child is born"

I felt a certain apprehension and a small knot in my stomach as I knew that her husband Joe had told me "Enough" when it came to kids. Is there something I should know that she hasn.t told me yet? I assumed she had just gotten these books from the Library. I must admit It was on my mind all day until I was able to talk to Diane. I didn't even wait till she got home

"Say it isn't so" I said on the phone, "I wish" was her reply!

It seems these were her own books she had bought when she was expecting and she had loaned them to her friend who was expecting and she had just returned the books befor leaving for Outer Mongolia (No Joke)

1 comment:

Junosmom said...

Cute blog, although I know you and know you'd love any grandchild of yourn.